Juice Squad New Evaluation

This is the new juice squad character I have created. I have a changed a lot from the last juice squad member. For example, making the eyebrows droop lower towards the nose with white stripes on them to make the character more interesting. I have also made a mouth with teeth and a tongue to make it more realistic. Furthermore, I have added a full beard, knitting on the clothing, a watch on the hand and a necklace on his neck with the initials JS for Juice Squad. Doing these corrections has made the character seem more interesting and more detailed.

I got my inspiration from Kate Moross, mostly with her jumbled up paintings. I think this is good becuase it adds more interest in the drawing. I used a range of techniques ranging from pen tool to draw the lines. I drew them to give the work borders. I also used other tools like the scale tool and the rotation tool.
I added stripes using the pen tool, to the clothes to make them look like a cowboy. I In the necklace I put the initial of JS to symbolise what it was and to add more detail. the pockets are for extra empahasis on the way a shirt looks and is bold becasuse most of the pockets are big. I used the pen tool witha bigger font to make the pocket more bolder. Also, for the colour I made it green because I thought it would be a good colour to identify with the cowboy clothes. To make the colour I made the paint brush green and then pressed it over the clothes and it became highlighted with green. Green is a colour we associate with the forrest and the trees, the wild. So, the cowboys back then were wild people and I thought it would be a good idea to make it green. 

For this part of the body I added thicker eyeborws with white lines to make it more appealing and for the eye I added more detail with the pen tool and the same for the mouth with coloyr and a tongue. I again used the pen tool to draw the ear and paint to put the blobs on. I also used the shape tool to come up with the circle in the middle of the ear and added a range of colours to the mix. I did these things because it had a groovy feel to it and the inspiration for the member Kate Moross work is wakcy and stylish so I wanted to make it like hers. 

For the shorts I added lines with the pen tool to make it more attractive to us. The colour red again makes it symbolise that I am taking inspiartion from the works of Kate Moross as hers are wacky art works. I added the colour red to make it strike out and make it more catchy. The lines are like small belts that they had in the wild west my other inspiration. 

The process I have used is trying out new ideas until I have finished and I am happy with it. I did this because it was likely for me to find a good design I liked in the end. 

I could improve the colour, changing the font to make it more bold. The final outcome looks appealing and I am happy about it because it has a lot more detail than the first design I did. It also looks professional. 

I would approach future projects with a different idea, thinking how i'd make it more detailed. 

Overall I think that it is one of the best crafted things I have done this year because it is more detailed than most of them.

Comments