Really good

I'm watching Obi-Wan Kenobi series and I'm loving it. I've watched the first two episodes and hopefully they keep up the quality. 

The first episode, of course (re)introduces us to characters from the universe (or, I should say, galaxy). It really is great for the nostalgia, so it would be better if the viewer has knowledge of the Star Wars chronology and lore. Although I can see it still being a fun adventure for those viewers who haven't that knowledge. 

The production design in these episodes is phenomenal. The first episode has this Sandy aesthetic and the contrast to episode two is massive. The second episode is set in this neon lot city. It's a lot like Hong Kong, crossed with a dash of moody Gotham. 

The two episodes go at a brisk pace and I wasn't bored, not once. 

Out of the two episodes, I liked the second one more because I loved the look of it, and although it was a shorter episode compared to the first one, I felt like it packed a lot in, didn't drag itself out and had more intrigue and suspense. I also liked the neon colours. They just add to the atmosphere. 

Wow, there's too much I can say about these two episodes, however, I don't want to give any spoilers out, so I'll conclude by saying that I loved these two episodes and can't wait for more to drop. Fingers crossed they are as good. 

Comments