MISFITS


Misfits

 

Misfits, for me, is a unique, interesting and funny show, with elements of the superhero genre, video games (in one episode), Nazi’s (in another episode) and low-budget British movies. The concept is basically a group of people doing community service get superpowers and don’t really act like the normal superheroes would. So, it’s definitely not your average Marvel or DC flick. What we get though is a funny, emotional and sometimes epic adventure in a closed amount of space; it’s quite tight-knit. I think this ranks that same as the other E4 show that was great (well, most of it was) Skins. I think this show is on a par with the best of Skins (which was the first two seasons). A thing that is the same with this show and Skins is that they changed the characters at a later stage, however, only once. I can’t say that the change really was great, but it was ok, a step down from the usual characters. I did like Nathan’s and Rudy’s characters, but the most I could identify with was Simon. His progression from (SPOILER) shy, lonely person to great superhero was charted splendidly. As it was with Skins, this show is also controversial (however, Skins is more controversial) because it does have a lot of rude jokes and some bloody scenes, however it is nowhere near as graphic as Skins is. I really recommend it, it’s truly an addictive show, as the first two seasons of Skins were, and will make you not stop.

Please tell me what I could review by posting a message. I’d love your suggestions.

Thank you.

 

Comments