Killjoy


Kill Joy is from the same studio who brought us the good series in the Puppet Master films. I really liked those films, and thought that even the bad ones had some good things in them, except for maybe Puppet Master: The Legacy which was awful, just awful. That film could be a fifteen minute short and it would have satisfied more than it did, it’s only for those who haven’t seen the previous instalments of the series or if you just want to watch how the puppets gruesomely kill off people. Now, onto Killjoy, which I hadn’t heard a lot about, other than it was about a killer clown. That intrigued me, but I am sorry to say, it was awful. At least it had its own material to offer because otherwise it would have been as awful as Puppet Master: The Legacy, but it’s not as awful as that. But, Killjoy is still awful. The acting is below par, well, I’ve seen worse. The visual effects are absolutely laughable in some scenes, some aren’t so much. This is definitely a B movie. I have to give them credit for the clown, though. It is quit creepy, not very, oh no, not even close to very, but it still can offer some chills. I wanted to like this film, the premise seemed good, but I didn’t. For camp value, though, it’s brilliant. So if you’re into bad movies that are so bad their good, I would recommend this. However, if you seriously want to be scared and watch a gory horror about a clown, then I do not suggest this. But it is overall ok, I’ve seen worse.

Comments