Retro Puppet Master


This is the first and I think only PG-13 rated puppet master film in the franchise. And it looks it. But its not as awful as I make it out to be. Sure it does have its fair share of cheesy moments an awful acting (especially from three people dressed in black who echo their leaders words word for word after he says them). Hwoever, this is an especially good movie considering all that. It could have been awful as I was led to believe when I first saw the poster which was a cartoonish retro rendering of all the puppets, well not all of them. Ok, so it is still quite violet but the gore from the previous films is completely absent. But I liked it. It’s not the best in the franchise but it certainly comes close and the effects are quite good. It’s not as bad as you might think. Go in with very low exepctations and you will have a blast. It’s more a period drama than a horror film, but it does have the horror elements in there.

Comments