Brooklyn



It’s an absolutely marvellous film. I don’t like romantic comedies, they just aren’t my genre, but I do like them when they are feel good, and this was definitely that. Well, it wasn’t all feel good, a death is sad, but in the end it is wrapped up so well that you feel for the characters. There were some bad points- not many, alas. At the start of the film, the film tried to get the audience to feel for the characters that we did not know yet. When the character was leaving her homeland behind, I didn’t feel for her, because the film had barely started, therefore I didn’t know the character. But that got redeemed as the film progressed and we learn more and come to like the character. And she is a good character, played by the great Saoirse Ronan. She’s not a bad person and the romantic elements that are in the film do fuel her journey really well. I think, though, a romantic subplot near the end of the film is rushed a bit too quickly, I would have liked a bit more time spent on it to develop more feelings for the pair, but it was ok. It didn’t harm the film greatly. The film is sweet and sugary, but it’s great. I really had fun with it. Also, the run time went by really fast. The end fade-out is really conclusive as well and will leave you feeling happy for them.

Comments