GTA: San Andreas and Saints Row: The Third



The biggest let down for GTA San (oops, nearly said Sand there) Andreas was for me the graphics. They’re not great, but they would have been better at the time that the game was released. It did put me off when I first started to play it. The first time I was like, what’s this, it’s going to be bad and horrible. But once the gameplay started I really got into it and the graphics didn’t bother me at all after that. They still look bad and far from next generation, but are passable and don’t hinder your enjoyment of the game. I have to say that the cutscenes have worse animation than the actual gameplay, which is a huge bonus because you are most of the time playing, obviously, it’s a game. The story isn’t great, I have to say, but it is better than most video games where it’s just go to this location, shoot this guy, go to this next location and it does get you invested in the characters. Although, I do like those sorts of games as well, I just find the stories weak and just an excuse for a huge amount of explosions, but that’s what people of third and first person shooters want.





I also read today that someone didn’t like the story in the Saints Row The Third game. It’s not great, but it is interesting and quite engaging. It’s better than some games. It’s just a shame that it only takes about 4 hours to complete the main story. Then you’re just left with the side missions, which are all variations of other missions, which is a shame. I did find the story to be entertaining, though. And that’s why we play games, to be entertained. If they aren’t, then something isn’t being done right. After all, this is the entertainment industry.

Comments