Battleground

Image result for battleground film



A group of robbers, after stealing a lot of money, head to a forest where they are hunted down and killed by a crazed Vietnam veteran.

I have to say, I liked this film. It’s enjoyable. It’s not very original, there’s traces of Wrong Turn in here where people are being hunted in the forest, and there’s also countless others like this. There’s also the No One Lives element where thugs are attacked and killed by a psychopath. I really like that scenario, especially when people who think they’re the worst people around are proven wrong. I think that was played well in this movie. It was also sort of a slasher film. However, it wasn’t as gory as I thought it would be. Sure, there are some nasty images, but for the most part it’s implied. This is a downer for people wanting a total gore fest. But this film is mostly about the suspense, which it delivers in spades. I didn’t know the story when I went into this movie, but I have to say that I was impressed. By the look of the poster, it shows the psychopath on the cover and it looks like it’s going to be one of those war films, and with a title like Battleground, that’s what I was expecting. But I was surprised and not disappointed at all. There could have been more action, but what there was was done well enough. There’s certainly no big names in this film, but don’t let that put you off. It’s a B movie, but a very high B movie. I think it could even play at a cinema. It’s a mainstream thriller. I would really recommend it if you like those types of films.

Comments