Carol

Image result for carol
Carol is a remarkably beautiful, if a bit unremarkable, film. I absolutely fell in love with the images up on screen. It is indeed a marvel to look at. I mean, just for that, I recommend anyone to see it. Well, I say anyone, it is a bit mature.

Set in the 1950’s, the film stars Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara as two totally different women who come to love each other.

I went into this mainly for the cinematography, and I have to say that, as I stated before, it is luscious, almost like it was filmed at that time with a high definition camera. I also went away really loving the music, which was excellent, really fitted the film, like a glove.

However, I did find it unremarkable and I wasn’t really attached to the two characters, but don’t get me wrong, the two actresses do a fine job, but their characters are just shallow, didn’t feel for them. Someone at the screening said that it is a bit slow, and it is. However, I do think that this film is meant to be a slow-burn film. I didn’t find it boring, but it was slow.

Overall, I find it to be a nice film, not great, but not bad at all. I would recommend it.

Comments