Contraband

Image result for contraband film
I watched Contraband and I have to say I did enjoy it. I knew what I was getting into with this film, in that it would be a by-the-number action thriller. It was that, and it did it well. I was quite impressed. It doesn’t break any new ground, really. However, it does have fun running over the familiar story beats. All the actors do a good job and this film does have a great cast. Mark Wahlberg, Kate Beckinsale and J.K. Simmons are the top billed actors in this film, and they do an obviously fine job. The action wasn’t as over-the-top as I thought it would be and it felt quite realistic. I had a lot of fun with this movie. It’s not the greatest movie out there, but it does what it sets out to do quite well. I wasn’t expecting much from this film, I had low expectations, and I was impressed.

Comments