Skinwalkers

Image result for skinwalkers movie
Skinwalkers is an interesting film. It's certainly a watchable one. However, I think that it has too many flaws to call it great. The story is your generic werewolf film, this time with some good action scenes. I had a lot of fun with the action in this movie. I didn’t go into this film expecting to watch action scenes like the ones that I watched. The direction was quite competent. There were also some famous actors which did a good job and gave the film another level of watchability. The cinematography was great. It was what made the whole film stand out more. I absolutely loved some shots in this film. I liked the werewolf make-up and effects. They may have been generic, but they did a good job of ratcheting up the tension. These certainly aren’t the werewolves in the Twilight series, being way scarier. The music didn’t really register with me that much. It was there. It didn’t do anything apart from create tense scenes. It was ok. On to the action; now, I’ve said this before, but this film has some great scenes of intense action. It may not be the best action there is, but it’s way better than I thought it was going to be. My favourite scene of action was a shootout in the middle of a town. It kind of reminded me of those western movie shootouts. Now, the downside with this movie is that it’s a horror film, but it isn’t scary. It is a bit tense, but it’s not scary. I wasn’t scared at all. Younger viewers may be scared, but to me this film wasn’t really scary. It was interesting, but not scary. The movie does provide a lot of entertainment in its hour plus run time, which is nice. The script was very generic. This film is basically the same werewolf film you’ve seen other times. Not to say that’s bad, but it’s just, well, predictable, the story, also. I have to say that the characters were ok. I didn’t really care for them, I mostly liked the actors/actresses who played them. I didn’t get into their characters, though. But that was ok. The pace was quite fast, rapid. It did keep you hooked. Sometimes it slowed for a dramatic element, but then it crept up in speed when an obstacle in the plot scampered in. Horror films are famous for their dark atmosphere, and this reminded me of the old Hammer Horror Films. It was a bit like that. Hammer Horror meets western movie. And I did enjoy that. All in all, I do recommend this film. It’s a fun watch if you want to pass the time. Just don’t think about it too much and you’ll enjoy it much more than if you think about all the werewolf films (if many) that you have seen.

Comments