Savage Streets

Image result for savage streets
I love exploitation movies. This, for me, is pure exploitation of the 80’s kind. Linda Blair (The Exorcist) stars in this exploitation classic. The story follows her, as she wreaks revenge on a group of punks who abused and sent her friends to hospital or to the morgue.

This is a really good movie. It has that 80’s vibe, especially the first scenes which establish all the characters. I loved the start where it shows the ladies all dressed up, walking the pavement at night. The film has a nasty rape sequence, where the punks each take turn to rape a woman in a gym. However, it’s not as brutal or nasty as I Spit on Your Grave or any other films of that nature. It is tame in terms of that. The revenge side of things wasn’t as gory as I thought it would be, but it was nice seeing the punks punished for what they did. They are so horrible, and the movie does serve out the justice well. It is a bit over the top how one woman is able to take out these guys, but for wish fulfilment, it’s great. You are there cheering the woman on. I loved this movie. It’s pure 80’s exploitation rape-revenge fodder, but served up with a nice atmosphere and a weirdly absent sleaze quotient. It’s not at all sleazy. It’s brightly lit (well, for the most part, the ending takes place at night. It’s a really fun movie. Plus, I like the artwork on the new release of the DVD, with its grindhouse cover. It’s a great movie, I’d really recommend this if you like revenge films.

Comments