Immortals

Image result for immortals sex
I think that Immortals is a good film, it’s certainly not as good as epic (in all terms of the name) 300. But, it gives us nice action scenes. It is a bit over-the-top sometimes, but that only adds to the fun that you can have with this film. Almost like The Expendables movies, where nearly everything is over-the-top, but the people who like those films go along with it anyway.
I have to say, though, that there is not that much action on a grand scale that I was hoping for, but it was alright, competent. It’s a good watch. It’s one of those films that you feel that has been completely made for 3D, with action scenes that throw the viewer on the end of an arrow. It’s great, I love those scenes. It also feels like it’s one of those popcorn thrill-rides, where you don’t need to take it seriously at all to enjoy it.
Image result for immortals sex
And those films are enjoyable, but I feel that this film is missing that umph, it feels a bit dry in terms of the overall action. It feels like it’s watered down seconds. And that’s a real shame, because I wanted to like this more than I did. There are also some awkward moments of comedy (which I hope were intentional, e.g. the scene where Henry Cavill is covered in mud). The effects used were certainly really great and most of the action was good, but if you have watched 300 before watching this, you’ll feel a tang of disappointment. It could have been better. Don’t go into this film expecting a great film and you will have a nice time. I also heard that they cut it in order to get a lower rating in the UK, which is a shame, I would have liked to see how gory it could have been. Maybe the cut out the best action?
 

Comments