Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days

Image result for kane and lynch 2

Now, I haven’t played the first game in this series, but going by this game I am really impressed. The best thing about this game is the cinematography. The action is good as well, however, the level of detail and lighting in each shot as you look around makes you feel like you are directing an action movie for Hollywood. It’s very glossy and real. The major down side to this game is its length. It can be completed in 2-3 hours, and how abruptly it sadly ends is just that – sad. It leaves you wanting more, and room for a sequel. These characters aren’t the most inspiring of video game protagonists, but they are interesting to control. They’re story is clichéd, mainly being an excuse to run around, gunning people down. But that’s exactly the reason people want to play this game for. It’s not the cinematography, not the cutscenes, not the emotional connection to characters – it’s the player playing the game. Games are, after all, meant to be played. But it’s a shame, if you go only for that, because you’ll be missing the best cinematography I have seen in a game. Because I watch movies way more than I play games, I probably have an eye for that, more so than seasoned gamers. I want to say, though, that this is a fun, beautiful game. I would recommend it if you don’t mind the length. It is replayable if you like shooting games, because this is basically just that - shooting game - and it’s replayable because that happens over and over.

Comments