Screeching Crawlers Part 3

I slept that night. Not very well, I might add. I was on the edge. I was terrified at that face. It had been staring right at me, deep inside me.

In the morning, I made breakfast and went out into the crops. I went into the crops carrying my trusted shotgun with me. I didn't want anything messing with me.

Nothing was out of the ordinary and I went back to the cabin.

That was when I heard a disturbance from the chicken cage. It sounded like the chicken's were in distress, flapping their wings. I quickly ran out of the cabin, still holding my shotgun, and what I saw took the breath out of me.

A cloud of pure darkness stood in front of the cage, swirling about, seemingly kicking at the cage.

This cloud had come on to the wrong property.

I shot a round into the air, and the cloud, which had no features, seemingly heard it and turned and looked at me. At least, I thought it did.

It then resumed damages our cage, and that was when I fired into the cloudy darkness.

It stumbled back, like it was in pain and disappeared into thin air. Just like that.

I went and checked on the cage. There were a few dents in it, but nothing overly major. It was okay, and the chicken's were okay.

It had come onto the wrong property. Whatever it had been.



 

Comments