XX

Image result for xx film
XX

This is an anthology film where every short film is directed by a female director.

The Box, which is my favourite, is a story about a family taking a train ride, when their son is shown what is inside a mysterious
man’s box. I liked this film, and as I was watching the other short films, this one always came back to me, as I loved the direction, the cinematography was gorgeous and the acting was really well done. The story, by Jack Ketchum, kept me interested in wanting to know what happened. This is a really good short film.
Image result for xx film
The Birthday Party was good, but it was predictable. This film was a bit surreal in tone, which I enjoyed.
Image result for xx film
Don’t Fall didn’t go in the direction I thought it was going in and it was fun. It had some really well done special make-up effects.
Image result for xx film
Her Only Living Son, which was the last short film, wrapped it up nicely with a tale of fame.
Image result for xx film her only living son
All in all, it was a mixed-bag, but the bag was full of gems. The Box was the best film, followed by Her Only Living Son, Don’t Fall and The Birthday Party.

I also liked the stop-motion creepy inserts that this film had between each story.

Thank you to Soda Pictures for supplying a copy for me to review.

XX is out on DVD on 8th May 2017.

Comments