Toni Erdmann

Related image
Toni Erdmann

This is a father-daughter relationship film.

I have to say, at first I felt detached from the characters and was lost with all the business side of it, but gradually (read: very slowly) I came to like the characters more and became more attached to them. It’s fair to say that this film is a slow-burner, and it does go on for two and a half hours, so it is big.

It’s a well-made and nicely acted film and it did keep my interest, although I didn’t really follow the business plot as well as the father-daughter relationship.

It’s a good film, I would recommend it. It has its surreal moments of bizarre comedy, but above all it’s a sentimental film. I didn’t feel that they forced the sentiment down the viewer’s throat, but it was organic with the story, which I liked.

All in all it’s a good film.

Thank you to Soda Pictures for giving me a copy to review.

Toni Erdmann comes to DVD and Blu-Ray on 29th May 2017.

Comments