Fast & Furious 6

This is a rewatch for me. First time I watched this movie and thought it was brainless fun, if a lot overblown. Now that I know there are three more movies in the franchise (not counting a spin-off), I know that each subsequent entry is trying to out drive the last (pun intended). 

It's fair to say this franchise is overdone now. They should have stopped way earlier, around the fourth entry, where the series was taking itself more seriously. 

Which doesn't mean I couldn't have fun with these newer, more bonkers entries. I did. And on my rewatch I liked it a lot better than the first time I watched it. It's not great, by any means, but the crazy action is there in all its fast and furious glory. 

I also liked the setting of London, which is always nice to see. 

These movies are global ventures, they go all over the Earth looking for places to race. That way there are also some dazzling scenery involved. 

I didn't expect to like F & F 6 as much as I did, but I did enjoy it thoroughly. It's a really fun no brainer of a movie. Sit back and switch off and enjoy. 

Comments