Halloween Kills

I personally enjoyed the last reboot of Halloween. I think it was a good movie, overall. 

This sequel to that 2018 Halloween is

 still good, it's not great, though. It is what it is. It's passable. 

It's pretty much Michael Myers going on the rampage, but that sounds better than it is. There are good scenes and some beautiful shots and gore in this movie, but I could feel that it's just a middle of the road slasher. I didn't feel like there was a lot of umph. Yes, there is this mob forming to take down Michael Myers once and for all, but it was really predictable. I knew there was going to be a next, concluding movie in the trilogy, so the mob has to lose. Not that we go into a movie like this saying it doesn't have to be predictable or anything, but this sequel of the reboot just felt like filler, as well. Filler for the next movie. 

All that said, it's ok overall. It's well made, and the gore is good, although I was expecting more, to be honest. I had heard that this movie was going to be 'brutal'. The hype was too much. There's way more brutal movies out there. 

Michael Myers himself looks fine, although his mask looks a bit old now, but it's still fine. 

I would recommend this movie, but I don't think you should expect a lot from it. It's certainly not groundbreaking, but it's just fine. 

Would I say it better than the 2018 reboot? Well, I'd put it on the same level. 

Comments