Halloween (2018)

I am a really big fan of the horror genre. A huge fan.

And I love the Halloween franchise, although I have to confess, I haven’t watched them all. But the ones I have, I really enjoy.

Now, as I reviewed Halloween Kills, I thought, I haven’t written a review for the 2018 reboot.

So here goes.

The reboot brings Jamie Lee Curtis back to the franchise, but disregards a lot of the sequels to Halloween. Pretty much all of them. I haven’t got a problem with that. I’m more looking for a slasher movie that provides the slash, and of course the horror.

This reboot delivers, but I wouldn’t say it’s the best Halloween movie in the series. That title goes to the original.

Not to knock this movie, but I thought it would be a much more graphic movie. Graphic in the blood-letting sense. It didn’t show a lot of the violence happening which is a bad thing for a slasher.

But as I said, not to knock this film because it’s good. Not great, but good. I think I was too hyped.

Comments