F

Inline image


A school is besieged by a gang of seemingly invincible (to a point) thugs (?) in hoodies.

F is a short, sharp shock and a thrilling slice of horror.

It starts out with a teacher being attacked and as the story unfolds, I felt very sorry for him, the way the school and his wife and daughter treat him. It's disrespectful to say the least and I didn't feel sorry for a bunch of characters when the school comes under siege. The actors all play their roles very well. I especially for invested in Mr Anderson's arc.
I thought that the deaths would be shown, the actual graphic violence towards the victims, however it was pretty much all off camera, although there are some great practical effects.

Inline image

The scene in the changing room with the lady (pictured above) was one of the most intense scenes in the movie, and I liked the build up with the basketball's being used to creepy effect. 

I do like this movie. The hooded figures cut a tense atmosphere. However, (and a SPOILER warning) the story left it unknown as to who the mysterious figures are. I could guess and think who they were but the movie ended without explaining who they were. Although, I don't really see that as a downside, as not knowing only adds to the mystery element.
There are some really eerie shots of the hooded figures and the cinematography and direction is on point.

I would definitely recommend F if you like horror movies.

Comments