The Beach Bum

Inline image

Matthew Mcconaughey, Isla Fisher, Mark Lawrence, Zac Efron, among other stars act in The Beach Bum. They do act really well, they live the roles, pretty much, however, the surrounding movie is poor. 

I won't bash on the acting, cinematography (which is very nice), but I didn't find it very interesting and the story was sort of ok, but it's a movie where the actors are having way more fun than the audience. Of course, I can't speak for everyone and there will be people who love this. I will say this, as well: it's watchable, but I was pretty bored with all the stuff going on. I will also say that the start was worse than the final 2/3's when a major (SPOILER) character dies (END SPOILER). After that it did pick up and I was able to finish it. Although I like the main actor, I found his character to be hard to stick with as I didn't really care, although I did like the movie incorporating poetry. 

So, all in all, a poor movie that has a few things that make it watchable. Which is sad because I really wanted to enjoy this movie, I do like movies like this where there is a fun, party atmosphere, however this didn't live up to that hope. 

Comments