Haunted (1995)

Inline image


I wasn't expecting much from this film, watched it casually, not thinking much to start with. I don't usually like period set movies, BUT I really think this movie is great. It has brilliant acting from the leads, really investing their roles, living them, to be exact. The story is interesting, and I did like the twist ending (which I won't spoil here), although it was predictable for me from early in the film, but that didn't take away my enjoyment from the film. The horror was well-done, as well. Some visual effects may have dated since 1995, but it still had a eerie quality to it. Haunted is a creepy movie, utilizing it's location to great effect. There's also romance for those of you who like that, although I'm not a fan, but I didn't mind it in this film. The sex scene was more graphic than I expected, to be honest, but did show the passion between two characters. 

Overall this film is great. 

Comments