The Nightingale

Inline image

The Nightingale is a movie about a woman who is gang raped and has her family killed. The film is a rape revenge story, which I do like. That sounds a bit weird, but I like stories like this because they set out for revenge. I had my hopes up, and although I don't really enjoy these kinds of settings, I was set up for a fun time of brutality. I am a fan of I Spit on Your Grave (all of the films), and was hoping this would be like those movies. 

Although the acting is great, the cinematography bleak and grimy and there are some violent scenes which were getting towards graphic, this movie ultimately underwhelmed me. It felt like a long movie and I don't think the payoff was worth it. It's a good film, but not what I was hoping for, to be honest. 

I would still recommend it, though. 

Comments