Cell

Inline image

Cell is a 2016 horror movie based on the Stephen King novel of the same name. I like the novel, it's a fast-paced, entertaining read. The movie, on the other hand, not so much. I found it to be dull, although it is quite fast paced, and there is action, it didn't hold my emotions and I didn't invest in it. I also didn't find it to be scary, although I may have been desensitized to the scary images, it wasn't even creepy, although it had a few tense scenes. My highest praise for this film is that it's ok to watch once. I can't see this having repeated viewings, but it's a nice time waster if you can't find anything else on TV. The acting is good, as I would expect from John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson, two actors that appeared in a previous Stephen King movie adaptation. It feels like a glorified B movie, to be honest, and not a good one. 

Comments