The Passion of the Christ

Inline image

The Passion of the Christ follows the events a little before (and a tiny bit after) Jesus Christ's crucifixion, i.e. 'the passion'. I say a 'little before', because compared to the overall Biblical story, it is, although a massively pivotal event for Christianity, the film documents only a part of the story. And in saying a 'little bit' I may make it seem that it is a short film and event, but it isn't so. The film is very close to two hours long, but held my attention throughout. The film is very gruesome and hard-hitting. The cinematography is beautiful, utilizing colour for a range of emotions. The actor portraying Jesus Christ, Jim Caviezel, does a perfect job in playing such a massive role. The film leans a lot onto the horror side of the story, with every whip and rip of flesh and penetrating nails. I think it is an outstanding film. I very highly recommend The Passion of the Christ. 

Comments