The Task

Inline image

The Task is a horror film about a group of people who are kidnapped, only to find that it's just for a game show set at an abandoned prison. But is it truly abandoned...?

Firstly, I like the DVD cover art for this film and thought it would be different. By the look of it I thought there was going to be a clown hunting them, but I was wrong. Which is sad because I think that would have made for a better film.

Alas, this is the film we get, and it's not great.

After a pacy start, with a man getting kidnapped in broad daylight, mind you, which, judging by people's reactions outside the van is something normal, which of course is not, hopefully. Or is it. I'm getting too deep into philosophical thought there, too deep for this film.

The Task starts off pretty quickly, dumping our main characters in the prison by themselves, but then devolves and gets quite boring by showing them walking about in the dark for lots of minutes, which grew tiring.

There are some good scenes with the (spoiler) warden (end of spoiler). However, it's very, very predictable and not in a great way, I have to say.

The Task is an ok film, one that if there's nothing else to watch, is ok for a one-time watch. The acting is passable, I've seen way worse.

The violence is also tame, so I wouldn't go in expecting extreme horror, otherwise you will be more disappointed.

It's definitely a B-movie, although B-movies, like A-movies can be fun. They fluctuate depending on the fun factor.

I can't say I had fun with The Task.

Overall, it's just an ok film. Just.

Comments