Do Movie Franchises Get Exhausting?

As Fast X speeds around the corner and into the cinema's a little while, a question came up to me. Do movie franchises get exhausting to the audience. The answer, of course, as lots of movies are, subjective. That means that it all depends if someone likes a particular movie series, that it makes him/her stick around. Personally, although I like binge-watching movies and series, I have felt burnt out, and this goes for some movies I absolutely think are great. For example, although I was really into the Saw franchise, I needed a short break from them after around film 4 or 5. To be fair, I had watched them in quick succession, so burn out was something that was inevitable. 

To swerve onto the Fast and Furious franchise, we get all these massive action blockbusters, which are perfect for the summer, but the thing is, it needs pace. And not the fast pace as in the movies, but a slow pace to watch them all. There are ten movies in the franchise (counting the spinoff) at the moment, and it can obviously get very exhausting, especially as they are mostly over two hours long. Don't get me wrong, I like them (although I do have a preference for the first 4 in the series), but even if I was a mega fan (is that even a word?) I would be exhausted after watching 4 in a row. 

The title question could be asked in another way, as in do they get exhausting even if you pace yourself, even if you watch other things or do other things in between? That really depends on if you like the movie. A movie could have a great original, but then the sequel could suck (although raking in money). They make a third entry in the series and you, hoping that it gets better, go to it and find out it's a little better, but not as good as the first movie. You want to seek the original's glory, however it can suck. It's like a vicious cycle. 

It all depends on the viewer. 

Comments