Kajillionaire

A family of con artists try to steal money to pay their rent.

I will say no more because I usually don't spoil films.

The lack of action and slow pace is evident from the first frames of the movie, and it doesn't pick up any more than it does at the start. There are a few scenes that hint at something large about to happen, but like the tremors in the movie, it doesn't really go anywhere.

The cinematography is ok with natural lighting complimenting the location pretty well.

The acting is another high point in a movie that relies heavily on it.

However, it's downhill from there.

The pace is very slow and the film didn't intrigue me. I felt that it was thoroughly uninvolving. So boring, for lack of a better word, was it, that I nearly fell asleep.

Don't get me wrong, I love a slow burn movie from time to time. This ain't a good slow burner. It's downright boring most of the time. It also gets a bit depressing.

The music is forgettable, but I thought it did go well with the movie in that sense.

The only positives I can think of for this film are the locations (which are nice to look at) and the acting.

The film is hard to categorise, although it mostly wants to be a dramady. The attempts at comedy don't work.

I do not recommend this film. I hoped it would get better as it went along, but it stayed on the same boring wavelength throughout. Literally this film is a waste of time. If I were you and you were thinking about watching this movie, I'd watch something else. There are far better, much more interesting movies out there.

Comments