Road Train

Inline image

Road Train (AKA Road Kill) is a 2010 horror movie about a group of friends who are carrened off the road by the eponymous road train. To write more on the story would give rise to spoilers, so I will refrain from doing so out of courtesy if you would like to watch this movie. 

After hearing that set-up, I was expecting a movie in the vein of Duel or Joy Ride, however, this takes a different turn and I didn't enjoy it as much as I hoped I would.

It's competently acted, well-directed with some beutiful shots of the desert scenery. So, it has some good things going for it. It also held my attention throughout as I wanted to see what the outcome would be. It was quite predictable, but I didn't mind that. 

Sure, it's a one time watch sort of movie. I can't say I had a blast, but it was ok for the time spent watching it. You can do far worse, to be honest. 

As for the horror, it's ok. It could get quite tense in a few scenes, and there's some pretty gnarly gore towards the end, so that's ok. 

Overall, it's just ok. 

Comments